A Community for Peace and Soroptimist International of Citrus Heights have joined hearts and hands to provide a safe alternative for women and children by opening the first Second Stage Transitional Housing for women and children in Sacramento County called the Soroptimist House.
Thanks for the support of the Soroptimist International of Citrus Heights.
What is the Soroptimist House?
The Soroptimist House is a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home that provides 6 to 18 months of safety and stability for domestic violence and trafficking survivors and their children. Download the Soroptimist House Brochure to see how you can adopt a room.
Why the Soroptimist House?
- The Soroptimist House is the next safe step for survivors and their children…a “home base” where safety, stability, and support can pave the way for peace.
- Women often flee their abusers to live in cars or motels, enter the shelter, and double up with families or friends.
- Survivors are more likely to have problems finding housing because of their unique and urgent circumstances caused by the abuse, i.e. poor credit, rental and employment histories, limited income, lack of education, language barriers, safety issues and/or have limited work opportunities.
- Survivors need a place to call home and get back on their feet and it takes time.
- Survivors need a safe place to call home with the necessary support system that A Community For Peace and our partnerships can provide.
For more information, complete the contact form below.