Our children’s services program, called “For Kid’s Sake”, serves children ages 0-12 who have been impacted by domestic violence and family violence. Our therapeutic play care programs are designed to provide children with a safe environment in which they can heal from the impact of violence, while simultaneously learning new ways to be, with themselves and with others, that are both safe and kind.
We strive to build the self-esteem and self-confidence of our children while fostering within them a sense of belonging and purpose within the community.
IMPACT ON KIDS: CHILDREN IMPACTED BY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE MAY DISPLAY THE FOLLOWING.
- Headaches, stomach aches
- Sleeplessness, fears of going to sleep, nightmares, dreams of danger
- Anxiety about being hurt or killed
- Hyper-vigilant about danger
- Fighting with, or hurting other kids or animals
- Feelings of loneliness and isolation
- Temper tantrums, withdrawal from other people and activities
- Depression and anxiety
- Substance abuse, suicide attempts
- Fear of going to school or fear of being separated from their mother
- Truancy, stealing, frozen watchfulness
- Acting perfect, over-achieving, behaving like little adults
- Difficulty concentrating and paying attention
- Bed-wetting or regression to earlier stages of development
- Problems at school; homework, behavior, social interactions
For more information, contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org